JSPWiki needs your help! You don't need to be a software developer to help -- we also need people to help with documentation, coding, usability and graphic design, wiki gardening, organizing volunteers, validating and managing bugs and ideas etc. The point really is that despite your skill levels at coding or the time you can afford to put into helping us, there's always something you can do!
Documentation / I18N#
We need a lot of help both with user-level and developer documentation. Whilst we hardly expect non-developers to help out with the latter very much, we'd love to have some help with user-level documentation written to make life easier for everyone (i.e., your green grocer, your brother, your mother and her little dog).
- Publications talking about JSPWiki
- A very easy way to also start contributing is by completing JSPWiki's i18n files, see HowToI18n
Development / Coding#
- DevelopmentEnvironment - How to set up your development environment
- JSPWikiPublicAPI - Explore JSPWiki's public API
- ContributedPlugins - Create and contribute additional plugins for JSPWiki. Also, many of the contributed plugins are getting outdated and need to be updated.
- ContributedFilters - Create and contribute additional filters for JSPWiki. Also, many of the contributed filters are getting outdated and need to be updated.
- ContributedProviders - Create and contribute additional page providers for JSPWiki. Again, many of the contributed page providers are getting outdated and need to be updated.
- Internationalization: Apache JSPWiki is available in several languages. You can help us by improving, completing or adding new translations! See HowToI18n for details.
- Fix Bugs / Implement Enhancements - Pick one and research it. Possibly add your notes/findings. And even better, fix it. :-)
- Manage Bugs / Issues Identifying which are the highest priority and removing/relabeling fixed, duplicate, or non-bugs is not an easy task and help would be most appreciated.
- Help maintain JSPWiki's language translations - Translations can be supplied via our issue tracker.
- Mailing lists - Discuss new and existing features on the mailing lists.
- JSPWiki-based applications
- Wishlist - Wishlist notes from suggestions made on the mailing list.
Please take a look at the JSPWiki feature roadmap to see what is needed/wanted for different upcoming releases!
So if you're hosting a plugin, filter or whatever other extension on your github repo, please consider adding a jspwiki topic to it :-)
Usability / Graphic Design#
- Help improve the default template.
- ContributedTemplates - Create and contribute additional templates for JSPWiki.
- NewDefaultContent - A new set of default wiki pages.
- Help improve the Apache JSPWiki website - We use JBake for our website, patches welcome.
- WikiGardener - a person who goes around the wiki, correcting typos here, rearranging things to be more readable, etc.
Helping Other JSPWiki Users#
- Documentation and FAQ - Perhaps there are some sections or Q&A's that you can contribute.
- RecentChanges - Questions or issues that other users may have are usually added to pages as comments. Check this page to see if there's something that you can help with.
- Mailing lists - Participate on the mailing list and encourage others to do the stuff above.
It's a natural consequence of growth that once a team reaches a certain size the need mmnjj organization and management tends to surface.
There is no marketing department, nor even a management team here. We're so busy developing that we don't really even have the time to help organize those people who are interested in helping. If you have a natural talent in working with people and like to organize people and documentation then your help would be kindly welcomed.