In JSPWiki, searches are carried out by (big surprise) search providers. By default, JSPWiki uses Lucene to index all page names, contents, author, keywords and some text attachments.
The LuceneSearchProvider can be customized by placing three different properties on your jspwiki[-custom].properties file:
- jspwiki.lucene.analyzer: the Lucene analyzer to use, defaults to org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.ClassicAnalyzer
- jspwiki.lucene.indexdelay: in seconds, how much time to wait before JSPWiki refreshes the search indexes. Defaults to 5.
- jspwiki.lucene.initialdelay: in seconds, how much time to wait on startup before JSPWiki begins to index all pages. Defaults to 60.
Using other search providers#
As most things within JSPWiki, search providers are also pluggable, you only have to
- Include the appropiate dependencies on your customized JSPWiki war.
- Set the jspwiki.searchProvider property on your jspwiki[-custom].properties file to the class implementing the org.apache.wiki.search.SearchProvider interface.
JSPWiki ships with a couple more search providers: