Checks the existence of a page lock. A page lock is created when an user starts editing a page. You can use this tag to warn the user, prevent the page from being modified (by removing the editor text area, for example), etc.
<wiki:CheckLock mode="locked|unlocked|owned" id="<variable>">
- If set to "locked", will include the content if the page has been locked. If set to "owned", will include only if the page is locked by the current user. Value "unlocked" includes if the page is not locked.
- The JSP variable named in this parameter will be set to an instance of ~PageLock class.
<wiki:CheckLock mode="locked" id="lock">
<P CLASS="locknote">User '<%=lock.getLocker()%>' has started to edit this page, but has not yet
saved. I won't stop you from editing this page anyway, BUT be aware that
the other person might be quite annoyed. It would be courteous to wait for his lock
to expire or until he stops editing the page. The lock expires in
The PageLock class#
The PageLock class has the following methods you can use:
- public WikiPage getPage()
- Returns the current page.
- public java.lang.String getLocker()
- Returns the user name as a string.
- public java.util.Date getAcquisitionTime()
- Returns the timestamp when this lock was acquired (i.e. the user started to edit the page.
- public java.util.Date getExpiryTime()
- Returns the timestamp when this lock expires (if the user has not saved or clicked "cancel")
- public long getTimeLeft()
- A convenience method, which returns the remaining time to expiry in minutes.